- Learn how to service, repair and regularly maintain and care for your bike
- Learn ride-saving skills so that you’re less likely to have to miss a ride, or worse, become stranded whilst out riding your bike
- Save money on bike services and repairs
When: 9:00 – 11:00
Where: PwC Bike Park @ the white Build a Bike container
- Consumables – gear cables
What do you need to bring?
- Your bike – any road or mountain bike
- Basic tools:
- 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8mm allen keys
- Flat and star screwdrivers
- Chain tool
- Optional tools:
- Cassette lockring tool, chain whip, shifting spanner
- Quick link pliers and spare quick link specific to your chain (8, 9, 10 or 11-speed)
- Spoke wrenches
- Hand wipe rag
- Any new parts or spares that you’d like to install
What will you learn?
- Chain cleaning, lube, replacement and maintenance
- Checking for chain wear
- Using a chain tool and quick links
- Cassette removal and replacement
- Crank and chainring components and replacement
- Discussion: bottom brackets
- Replacing pedals
- Discussion: how to get the most life from your drivetrain components
- Bring a replacement chain and cassette if you wish to replace yours during the workshop
- Replacing a gear/shift cable (supplied)
- Setting the gears – limit screws and cable tension
- Correct chain length
- Discussion: derailleur hanger alignment
Terms and Conditions:
Please contact me with any questions you may have.
Places are limited and are sold on a first come first served basis.
If the course is sold out please book for the next most suitable date.
- Refunds will not be given.
- If you are unable to attend, your booking may be changed to a future date.
If you have attended a course, please click here to rate your experience.