bicycle repair course
- Learn how to service, repair and regularly maintain and care for your bike
- Learn ride-saving skills so that you’re less likely to have to miss a ride, or worse, become stranded whilst out riding your bike
- Save money on bike services and repairs
When: 9:00 – 13:00
Where: PwC Bike Park @ the white Build a Bike container
- Full morning of instruction, it’s a basic bicycle repair course – it’s very interactive
- Consumables – gear cables
What do you need to bring?
- Your bike – any road or mountain bike
- Basic tools:
- 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8mm allen keys
- Flat and star screwdrivers
- Chain tool
- 1x CO2 “bomb” and adapter
- Optional tools:
- Cassette lockring tool, chain whip, shifting spanner
- Quick link pliers and spare quick link specific to your chain (8, 9, 10 or 11-speed)
- Spoke wrenches
- Hand wipe rag
- Any new parts or spares that you’d like to install
- Tools are available for purchase before commencement of the course – please contact me to enquire.
What will you learn?
Wheels and tyres:
- Removing and installing a wheel into your fork/frame – method depends on axle configuration
- Repairing a puncture & changing a tube and tyre
- Tubeless tyres and checking/adding sealant
- Basic rim truing for buckled wheels
- CO2 cartridge use
- Tubeless conversion – if you’re not yet running tubeless, it may be possible to convert your wheels to tubeless during or directly after the course, price depends on what you require in terms of rim tape, sealant and valves
- Chain cleaning, lube, replacement and maintenance
- Checking for chain wear
- Using a chain tool and quick links
- Cassette removal and replacement
- Crank and chainring components and replacement
- Discussion: bottom brackets
- Replacing pedals
- Discussion: how to get the most life from your drivetrain components
- Bring a replacement chain and cassette if you wish to replace yours during the workshop
- Replacing a gear/shift cable (supplied)
- Setting the gears – limit screws and cable tension
- Correct chain length
- Discussion: derailleur hanger alignment
- Discussion: types of brakes
- Replacing brake pads
- Brake adjustment
- Brake disc alignment
- Headset bearing preload
- Seatpost maintenance
- Suspension adjustment
Terms and Conditions:
Please contact me with any questions you may have.
Places are limited and are sold on a first come first served basis.
If the course is sold out please book for the next most suitable date.
- Refunds will not be given.
- If you are unable to attend, your booking may be changed to a future date.
If you have attended a course, please click here to rate your experience.